I've been quite neglectful of the blogging. Been crazy busy with life, work, love etc. What brings me here this morning is a random visit to Yahoo chat. Imagine my surprise to find they have done away with Java chat, therefore leaving me bereft of any way into chat save switching to the PC platform.
Truthfully, I'm not shedding tears or anything. I rarely, if EVER log into chat anymore. It's just an annoyance. It's an irritating reminder of Yahoo's inexplicable neglect of the Mac platform. When I first started using Yahoo services like email, messenger and chat, the features offered on the Mac versions of their software were equal to PC versions. They updated them at about the same time and considering the small percentage of Mac users in existance, things were quite equal.
Flash forward to today, with the Mac OS more popular than ever and yet Yahoo gives it's users a piece of shit, outdated messenger with no support for practically ancient technologies like voice and chat. They continue to add feature upon feature, as fast as their little fingers can type, to Y!Messenger for the PC. Instead of following the rest of the computer world, Yahoo seems to treat the Mac OS with less attention instead of more as its user-base grows.
In the all important quest for more smileys, audibles and dress-your-own-avatars, they have spent years ignoring Mac versions, refusing to integrate the more useful features PC users have been enjoying since the turn of the century!!!
*mutters* And before you decide to respond to this blog. I understand why. It makes perfect business sense to ignore the platform. Or at least, they can expect little in the way of repercussions, other than to have the one or two of us out there pissed off. I get it.
Until now, I happily existed without all those things PC users enjoy. I've even started using 3rd party toys like Adium and much prefer it to my weak, watered-down Y!Messenger.
I don't get voice chat. That's fine. I don't get audibles. THANKFULLY. I don't get an avatar. That's ok too. And I don't get a host of other small, varying in usefullness, features and I've grown accustom to being a 2nd class citizen of Yahoo.
But now they have completely elimated my ability to use one of their major services. If I were a paying customer, you can be sure, I would no longer be today.
4.23.2006
Coming up for air...cuz I feel like bitchin'
Posted by JustAnotherMidwesternGirl at 9:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment