So, yesterday we got the stuff emptied out of the basement storage area. I sort paid for the things I was lifting. I tried to just let my intern do all the work, but I felt lazy just sitting there pointing and telling him what to do. In alot of pain today and still waiting to know when my appointment will be.
They walled up the bridge yesterday and dumped a bit pile of dirt infront of the holes in the flood wall, so I feel a little more relaxed. Two days until the river crests though, you never really know what's gonna happen. It occurs to me that if I was required to evacuate my home, I wouldn't be prepared at all.
I should be more prepared for such things, have a plan, list of things to bring with me, emergency stuff, that kinda thing. I need to make an effort to be more boyscout-like.
Well, I'm feeling kinda drowsy (Percoset kicking in) so either its time to get up and get out and do something or im gonna end up napping away the day.
Peace.
4.04.2006
Standing on the banks, watching the water rise.
Posted by JustAnotherMidwesternGirl at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment