CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9.05.2007

Back from the west coast and blogging again.

So, I have not blogged in nearly a year. No need to say it, we all know I suck at blogging. But, I've been feeling the need lately and even tho perhaps not one person will even read this because they know my blog is never updated, I am writing again.

I just got back from a tour of the country. Three time zones in 5 days. I don't recommend it. I am fighting jet lag and general post travel ickyness and trying to catch up on all that I've missed while being gone for a week.
My trip was part business, part pleasure.

I started out with a lousy flight to Lancaster, PA, arriving at my hotel at 3am instead of 11pm as planned. I got a couple hours of sleep and pried myself out of bed for the first of a two-day conference for art festival directors. That evening, after doing dinner with the conference goers, I met up with a very old friend (very old by internet standards, I've know him 8 years.), Matt. While I've known Matt for 8 years, this was the first time I've actually met him. Ahhh internet friendship irony. I know his deepest darkest fears, his hopes, his dreams, what turns him on and how he sounds when he is, but never have I seen him smile or known how it feels when he looks at me with those lovely eyes, very directly, in a way that makes me blush.

He only stayed for a couple hours, because I was literally falling asleep on my feet, but it was great to finally meet him and for it to be very comfortable to hang out with him. The next evening, post-conference, I turned down dinner with the conference crowd and Matt took me to Hershey, PA.

Does he know me or what? Chocolate Town, U.S.A., i was a kid in a candy store...Literally!!
Ha! Oddly, i wasn't compelled to buy massive quantities of chocolate, realizing that, while Hershey, PA was very very cool, i can buy everything they make at my local store. It was still very fun to take the factory tour and see the very silly 3-D show.

We had dinner in Hershey at the Hershey Grill, which had great food, but I am still pondering the Water List. You heard me, the Water List. As some places have a Wine List, this place had a menu of water, still or sparkling, imported from various places around the globe. We ordered a very good vintage of local tap water that was rather tasteless, yet free.

So, then, on to California the next day, planting myself in San Francisco for several days to visit what is supposed to be one of the, if not THE, best art shows in the country: The Sausalito Art Festival. Opinions vary widely on this show, but I can say it was well organized, expensive, snooty, but enjoyable. When I wasn't drooling over beautiful, yet ridiculously priced art, (Seriously, $12,000 for a foot-tall glass monkey sculpture? Really?)I was hanging out with the Man, eating sushi, driving up the coast and lamenting that I do not live in California. We did stop and see a movie, or part of one anyway. If you are thinking of seeing Rush Hour 3, skip it. Even if you loved the first two, skip it. Rarely do I leave even a bad movie early, but this was just a waste of time beyond most.

So, all in all, it wasn't nearly enough time, not nearly enough kissing and snuggling or any of the rest of it. But it's done, I'm back and in need of some routine for a change.

This summer has been pretty chaotic and crazy. Too much crisis, too much travel, not enough peace and quiet, which is what I count on in the summer after the craziness of my spring planning season. Maybe fall will bring some serenity. Maybe I'll have to ask Santa for some.

That's it for now, I am in dire need of java....peace.

2 comments:

Carrie Ann said...

Ahem.
You left a lot out of that blog.

JustAnotherMidwesternGirl said...

That's cuz it's a PG rated blog. ;)