CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9.10.2007

One Room at a Time

I've been living in my new place for over a month now and I've got more stuff in the garage than I do in the house. It's overwhelming. There are so many things that need to be done, that I want to do, that I should do, I don't know where to start. Typically I think about it and go see if there are any good movies on.

I did get as far as picking out paint colors for the bathrooms and Megan's room. I tried to pick a color for my room but it was a disaster. My room is a priority because my stuff is deep cranberry and gold and the walls are purple. PURPLE!

When I tried out a sample color on the wall in my room, I knew immediately it was wrong and then abandoned all painting efforts as I knew I wouldn't get anything done before I left town again.

Right, so fast forward to the present. I've decided to just focus on prepping one room at a time. I need to get the main bath organized. I've got my little bathroom crates of stuff on the counter, the floor, stuff is everywhere. The towel bars need to come down so i can replace them with my own towel bars/shelves and get stuff off the floors and put away. Before I do that, however, the paint needs to go up. So, bathroom to do list:

1. Get paint and and paint accessories. You know like tape and drop clothes. Tho I am considering a French beret to wear while painting. Done
2. Tape off trim, sand off ridiculous paint drips from the moron who painted before me
and take down towel bars. Monday
3. Paint around trim with brush. Monday
4. Paint the rest of the walls. Tuesday.
5. Remove tape from trim or do a second coat. Wednesday
6. If no 2nd coat, tape up walls to prep for painting trim.
7. Decide if I am painting the door or just the trim. Wednesday
8. Paint trim. Wednesday if no 2nd coat or Thursday
9. Put up my shelves. Wednesday or Thursday
10. Put stuff on shelves. Wednesday or Thursday
11. Dance a small jig in new green, white and organized bathroom. Thursday

It's kind of sad how excited I am about painting my bathroom, isn't it.

0 comments: